Cloud Financial Analyst
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Cloud Financial Analyst. Candidate will support applications for the transformation of procurement and commercial processes for cloud optimization. Candidate will act as the lead on optimization conversations and support internal IT teams to understand their current spend and optimize their practices, as well as keep a close communication with the Finance and IT Procurement teams and together build the required process, metrics and dashboard around budgeting, forecasting, cost allocation and additional details on the spending pattern.
- Become the subject matter expert in all cost related aspects of the Amazon Web Service platform
- Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices on the Amazon Web Services platform
- Assessing reporting and analytic needs and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs
- Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within the organization
- Educate and enable our largest teams so that they can self-serve and are no longer reliant on reactive support
- Evangelize cost related trends, themes and best practices with Business Units
- Prior experience working with high quantities of data and providing valuable insights from it.
- Proven experience management consulting, IT transformation consulting and/or business process design experience.
- The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Perform run cost analysis of infrastructure in public and private cloud providers.
- Assist with the optimization around usage and capacity planning to ensure a streamline approach for account migration into the Cloud.
- Forecasting usage and cloud cost requirements for IT.
- The candidate will be required to develop automated reporting tools. The ability to respond proactively to operating and cost management issues.
- Automation of Cost reporting/Cloud Cost reporting.
- Develop a reserved instance purchase strategy.
- Provide cost analysis for deployment projects to public and private cloud providers.
- Basic understanding of AWS managed services - Trusted Advisor, cost Explorer.