Glyndebourne - Finance Director
2 days left
Based in the Sussex countryside, Glyndebourne creates world-class transformative opera in a year round operation with a turnover of circa £30 million.
We are looking for a motivated and commercially minded Finance Director to take the lead for the financial performance management of the organisation and ensure the long term financial stability and independence of the Charity and Company.
This involves working closely with the Board of Trustees, executive management team and Heads of Department. In your capacity as Company Secretary, you will be responsible for ensuring that Board meetings are effectively organised and minuted, maintaining effective records and upholding the legal requirements of governing documents.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Strategic input to maintaining financial independence - development of potential new sources of income and increased operating efficiency, leading on financial analysis and working closely with HODs across the company
- Responsibility for managing the budgeting process and preparation of Finance Report for Board meetings
- Responsibility for Audit & Finance Committee Meetings
- Support the Trustees as required with financial and strategic analysis
- Ensuring all statutory returns and regular reporting such as VAT, Arts Council, Statutory Returns and Charity Commission are completed accurately and on time
- Responsibility for developing and motivating a small-medium team
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
You will have the experience and confidence to work in cross-functional teams and influence at a senior level. Previous experience in a charity or arts environment would be an advantage.
- Application deadline: Sunday 7th July
- Shortlisting: week of 15th July
- 1st Stage interviews: week of 22nd July
- 2nd Stage interviews: week of 29th July
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to via the link by Sunday 7th July.
For an informal conversation please contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the agency website.
An early application is highly recommended.
Apply for Glyndebourne - Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly