Head of Engineering - Leading Consumer Manufacturing Business
2 days left
The Head of Engineering will lead the site maintenance, facilities, CAPEX and HSE functions. With 4 direct and over 20 indirect reports, he or she will be responsible for supporting the business through a critical change programme whilst delivering best in class engineering and maintenance standards.
My client is a leading consumer manufacturing business that produces own label products as well as contract manufacturing on behalf on their valued customers. Based in the South East with over 100 years of time served in the market, my client really works hard to change the lives of its customers in a positive, enriching way.
The Head of Engineering will take the lead on driving an Engineering Function with the values of continuous improvement (People and Process) at the heart of what it does. He or she will ensure that the Engineering function is supportive of the wider business objectives through the delivery of world class performance across safety, reliability, quality, cost and delivery. Further responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seek out opportunities to review the current capital portfolio and ensure it is fit for purpose or change where appropriate
- Lead, coach, develop and mentor the engineering to ensure people development through your direct reports or directly
- Creates a reliable plant & equipment lifecycle plan and support this with a structured capital investment plan
- Create a Preventative Maintenance culture through the identification of common trends of engineering downtime and the introduction of preventative measures where appropriate
- Takes responsibility for the delivery and budgetary control of capital spend on site. The commissioning and installing of new equipment in line with company budgets as well as HSE factors.
The Head of Engineering will have a proven track record in the delivery of world class engineering teams and performance within an FMCG or related regulated environment.
He or she will have led teams of at least 15 engineers in the past and been part of a change management programme that led to increases in efficiency and profitability whilst building a positive, collaborative culture.
As a proven change agent, the Head of Engineering will have an excellent track record of delivering OPEX programmes and will likely have some form of Lean/Six Sigma accreditation.
c£65,000 (DOE) plus excellent benefits incl Car Allowance