Executive Director, Strategy
2 days left
- Play an effective part in the leadership of the General Dental Council
- Drive the delivery of the General Dental Council's strategic plan
About Our Client
The General Dental Council (GDC) is the UK-wide statutory regulator of just over 100,000 members of the dental team, including approximately 40,000 dentists and 60,000 dental care professionals. Their primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, they register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals' fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education
Play an effective part in the leadership of the GDC, delivering and supporting the delivery of strategic objectives, both personally, as well as encouraging others to contribute constructively to the Executive Management Team (EMT) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Contribute to the strategic leadership and the corporate management of the organisation through collaborative and effective membership of the GDC's EMT.
Lead, through direct reports:
- Delivery of the corporate strategy in collaboration with other parts of the organisation
- Provision of policy and strategic expertise and support for the wider organisation the delivery of the Education Quality Assurance function
- Effective monitoring of the environment in which the GDC operates
- Effective communication of GDC policies and initiatives
- Informing and influencing of the GDC's external stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice to the Chair, Board and the Executive Management Team, assessing the implications of any changes external or internal for the GDC's strategy
Lead the directorate teams; policy and research, communications and engagement and Education quality assurance in the effective implementation of the corporate strategy/shifting the balance deliverables in collaboration with and/or support of all other functions within the business.
Lead the establishment of a robust directorate business plan and key performance indicators, taking responsibility for delivery and ensuring that there are robust data collection mechanisms to place.
Manage the budget for the directorate ensuring efficient and effective use of resources, value for money and compliance with financial instructions.
Promote organisational values and effective leadership behaviours which support inclusion, team working, high performance, resilience and development.
The Successful Applicant:
- A proven track record of strategy implementation at a senior level in a comparable organisation.
- An experienced leader with a track record of leading and driving change, delivery and continuous improvement in their organisations.
- Experience of working successfully with multiple stakeholder groups on a range of high profile and contentious issues, in particularly challenging on how deliverables are going to be financed within an organisation's budget envelope
- A proven track record of managing and influencing strategic relationships and external debate to favourable impact, particularly in the context of diverse interests and opinions.
- An excellent understanding of effective communications management in an organisation with a high public profile.
- A proven track record of working effectively with Board members and non-executives.
- Evidence of successfully leading and inspiring teams, shaping and influencing their future and direction
- A demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in service delivery.
- Emotional resilience with the ability to work calmly under pressure with considerable delegated authority.
- A high degree of self-awareness and personal integrity.
What's on Offer
Competitive Package - Please call for details
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14023093Z
Apply for Executive Director, Strategy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly