Executive Director for Marketing and Communications
Russam GMS is working with a national charity founded over sixty years ago, who are now committed to strengthening their current offer & organisation and are determined to reach communities that they traditionally haven’t engaged with.
Role & Responsibilities
They have an immediate requirement for an Executive Director for Marketing and Communications, to work with and lead, a talented team of specialists and be responsible for:
- Driving income – directly through marketing paid-for services, the membership offer and partnerships with business, foundations and the statutory sector; and working with the director for services to support sales and fulfilment of paid-for courses and volunteer fundraising
- Modernising the image – moving the organisation from being a known and trusted brand in key demographics to a fully understood and loved brand nationally
- Leading internal communications – working very closely with internal audience owners to craft and land a compelling case and momentum for change
- Achieving influence – changing public attitudes, public policy and professional practice, to build an ever-more supportive environment.
The Desired Applicant
The Executive Director for Marketing & Communications will have:
- An understanding of organisations where commerce and social purpose sit together
- Both commercial and collegiate, comfortable spanning brand, marketing, membership, partnerships, communications, campaigns and internal communications.
Leadership and people:
- Building and leading teams
- Succeeding within a complex organisation
- Leading and landing cultural and operational change
- Building strong external relationships and profile
Marketing and communications:
- Building and activating a brand to secure £multi-million income
- Marketing in a social-purpose organisation
- Re-invigorating an established brand
- Understanding how digital can help build brand and services
- Understanding how movements behave, communicate and are harnessed
- Building partnerships across public, private and charitable sectors
- Securing change in public policy or professional practice
Renumeration will be £81,600 for this fixed term 12-month contract.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should log in / register and upload a current CV in Word format. No other documents are required at this stage. Closing date Friday 21st June 2019.