Application Delivery Director
2 days left
"Drive software development capabilities into the 21st Century"
This international organisation has recognised that it needs a leader to drive its software development capabilities into the 21st century, creating a cohesive global function that maximises the potential of new business opportunities as well as the reputation of its own teams.
This includes shifting the focus of development practices to become more commercially aware and aligned to the wider needs of the business, delivering value and introducing software solutions which contribute to the global business strategy.
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders for demand planning whilst orchestrating the operations of the software development community globally
- Support and advise the Global CIO on reshaping the development expertise, designing and rolling out appropriate capabilities for the organisation’s needs
- Develop common approaches, standards and reference designs so that the teams can work collaboratively and leverage insights from the group
- Implement clear reporting and governance practices to create visibility of the health of development activities
- Improve test coverage and automation ultimately leading to DevOps capability where appropriate, along with other measures substantially improving quality and time to market and development cadence
- Introduce career planning and capabilities management of the development teams that supports both the aspirations of the individual team members and the globally focussed development capabilities
Background and Experience:
- Background of working with senior stakeholders, running development teams utilising proven project planning and management experience
- A knowledge of modern software development and testing techniques and their implementation across a global development community.
- Experience of creating a robust but flexible framework that addresses several niche service offerings across the organisation, coupled with the drive and ability to be able to embed these changes in well-established teams
- Familiarisation with a range of technology stacks, particularly Microsoft based solutions and a range of open source solutions across a variety of vintages
- Experience of developing and managing a sizeable, value-adding IT function within a large, multi-site organisation, with the motivational skills to encourage collaborative working across the technology landscape
Apply for Application Delivery Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly