Deputy Chief of Staff, Marketing Division
The deputy to the Chief of Staff plays a pivotal role within the 800 strong customer and marketing operations division you are part of the
Executive function of C&MO and cover a diverse range of activities strategic direction and operational planning, programme governance, communication across C&MO:
- Supporting the leadership team
- Managing and monitoring leadership metrics
- Producing materials for CLT/SLT/Board
- Project support.
- Team liaison and overview for PR, Marketing, Customer Experience, Product Management, Propositions and Operations & Support.
What we're looking for in you:
- Accomplished influencing, negotiation & partner management skills.
- Experience of international, multi-cultural, multi-location teams.
- People-skills including managing, coaching, mentoring and building high-performance team cultures.
- Handling budgets to clearly defined critical metrics over multiple years.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills (VLookups, Pivot tables etc).
- Advanced presentation skills with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to build things as a self-starter'.
- Demonstrated professional experience of straddling high-level and broad views with the ability to execute on the details.
- A collaborative team member who thinks strategically about the business holistically.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Passionate customer advocacy & ambitious spirit.
- Demonstrable track record of managing projects and programs to time and budget.
C&MO is driving numerous transformational programmes for the business and so the project work is often associated with inspiring change.
You'll take ownership for driving and leading a set of activities in support of the Business Manager and the CCMO.
As a Senior Manager, your role will involve
Strategic and Operational Planning:
- Support the development and maintenance of the organisational strategy and operational model: will include shaping, detailing and rigorously testing annual plans.
- Management of the monthly cycle of meetings to ensure the right information is surfaced and available.
- Working with members of the team to understand the impact and effects of activities underway across the team and to help define adjustments.
- Working with partners to track, understand the impact & effectiveness of activities.
- Budget planning support (review, test, guide, align).
Leadership Reporting and Operational Plan tracking/optimization:
- Review of weekly C&MO leadership reporting input; sorting and assessment of matters needing priority support/needing communication etc.
- Agenda setting and prep for monthly C&MO LT meetings.
- Reviewing and refining materials which are used as part of CLT/SLT/Board reviews.
- Liaison with the strategy/chief of staffs/business managers across the business to ensure alignment and anticipate potential obstacles.
- Owning elements of the Communications plan: responsible for messaging, drafting, materials, and delivery.
- Writing/driving blogs/other regular C&MO Exec comms.
- Support of external communications as needed.
Projects & Initiatives:
- Taking ownership of the support and governance of key projects
- Project scoping, evaluation, structuring
- Preparation of discussion materials
- Business case development
Come and join us
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Keep it simple; We're straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You'll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, eager for a challenge and an individual who flourishes with partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even MBAs welcome.