1 day left
- Opportunity to join the senior management team.
- No.1 in Finance role within an owner managed business.
About Our Client
My client is a profitable, well financed, privately owned SME manufacturer and stock holding distributor and they are classed as leaders within their field. Recent sales growth have been strong and further growth is planned.
There are circa 55 employees, all based on one site in Leeds.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, with a dotted line report to the part time Finance Director.
Managing a team of five finance staff, the Financial Controller will have the traditional responsibilities for financial reporting, providing management information, and statutory compliance; whilst taking a lead role in the financial management of the business, and adding value as a member of the senior management team helping to lead the business towards its goals.
The FC will also need to quickly acquire expertise, and provide leadership, in the use of the enterprise systems underpinning the operation of the business.
Reporting duties include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ensuring the integrity of transactional processing
- Ensuring the integrity of balance sheet controls
- Compliance with all business taxation requirements
- Liaison with external auditors and ensuring a clean audit report each year
Financial management duties include:
- All aspects of cash management
- Leading the business in the control of working capital
- Maintaining banking relationships
- Providing management information and insight into the performance of the business towards targets
- Providing ad hoc management information for decision making
- Supervision of the provision of KPI information by the finance team
Operational duties include:
- Participating in the senior management team's collective profit and loss responsibility
- Supervision of payroll function
- An overview of all regulatory matters affecting the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate, qualified ACA or ACMA, most likely with or extensive PQE most of which acquired in industry, with extensive financial and management reporting experience including having accounts externally audited
- Must have experience of managing staff
- Demonstrable commercial outlook. May have already had some prior operational P&L responsibility, or are ready and keen for their first such opportunity
- Manufacturing experience not essential. More important to have experience or demonstrable clear understanding of high volume low value transaction business with physical stock
- Business system high level or "super user" experience very desirable
- High level analytical skills. Ability to understand the data flows behind the systems, and to crunch volumes of transactional data into meaningful management information with spreadsheet or database tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - equally happy presenting to board directors, external professional advisors, or shop floor engineers
- Capable of taking on a leadership role, whilst working well with management team colleagues
- Committed to making a difference, and motivated by the incentive opportunity
What's on Offer
What you'll get in return:
- Very competitive salary dependent on experience
- Car Allowance: £6,600
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Significant industry leading profit related bonus opportunity
- Management away days circa once a quarter
- Opportunity to add real value to an owner managed business
- Based in Leeds
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14021607Z
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly