Release/Project Manager - ???550 per day - Dublin based - 12 month contr
Release/Project Manager - ???550 per day - Dublin based - 12 month contract
Our client, a large financial institution is driving an ambitious, multi-year initiative aimed at building Risk Engine that makes it possible to manage trading and risk in a more holistic manner and to respond more effectively to the changing regulatory landscape.
As a Release/Project Manager, you will be part of a tech team for achieving the project deliverables for different initiatives in the line of business. The position demands a high degree of initiative, commitment and managerial excellence. The FICC Rates Risk Tech is responsible for developing and maintaining the application for calculating the EOD and intra-day market risk for all the trades managed by Rates LOB.
Key tasks include:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting. Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
The role would suit applicants that are team players willing to learn quickly, think on their feet and who are keen to take the first step into this wide scale of application development and release.
- Hand-ons exp in Shell or any Scripting language with UNIX background
- Well versed in SDLC process and tools like JIRA, GIT, Gradle
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Experience with Complex Business and Technology Systems and associated release complexity. Standard Project Management and MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of Bank Technical Change requirements. Able to work through conflict comfortably.
- Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work closely with other technology teams, business groups including trading, finance, technology and Middle Office.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
(Not required but advantageous)
- Familiarity with Excel including macros.
- Experienced in working on Financial Risk Management applications.