My client is a global consulting business and is hiring into its Financial Services consulting arm to work with the UK’s leading Financial services firms.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be an experienced Data Scientist who will be defining solutions to clients’ business problems, supporting clients to utilise their structured and unstructured data for business benefits. The person will apply his / her experience in demonstrating the value of big data analytics to clients. The team delivers analytics solutions and delivery services to a wide range of clients in the Financial Services sector. You will be responsible to work with clients collaboratively and provide the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
The Desired Candidate
The Data Scientist will help clients to use analytics to:
- Shape and evolve their customer experience
- Enhance and expand their service and commerce channels
- Integrate and optimise their marketing performance across channels
- Innovate their business models and operations
The Data Scientist will undertake a wide variety of challenging project work and help clients explore, visualise and mine their structured and unstructured data. The person will have the license to develop new ways of delivering value.
The range of activities the Data Scientists will be involved with is extensive and includes:
- Using modelling and analytics-based techniques to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation
- Developing and using modelling tools to support strategic decision making. Supporting client to design, build and implement analytics-based solutions
- Developing both thought leadership points of view and new service offerings to differentiate us in the marketplace
- Building analytical processes and code to meet client requirements
- To succeed the person will possess and demonstrate a number of competencies
- A track record of academic achievement (first degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Data Science, Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science - Essential
- Currently be working in one of the fields of Insight in Fraud Analytics in Banking or Insurance
- Experience in finding patterns in data and creating statistical models
- Experience in data exploration, data visualisation and data mining
- Strong knowledge and experience of Excel
- Knowledge of open source analytics tools and how they are deployed
- Experience of tools such as SAS/SPSS/R/SQL/Python
- Experience of working in a major blue-chip organisation or consultancy company – with experience in Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance sectors
- Good presentation skills and experience of delivering to Senior Management or CXO level
- Python (+ SciPy/Pandas/SciKitLearn)
- Excel (+VBA)
- Bash Scripting
- Clojure (+ Cascalog)
- HMTL5 (+ D3/Bootstrap/Yeoman
How to Apply
If interested, please log in / register and uploads your CV in word format.