Purchasing Manager (Food)
2 days left
Based in London, this is a unique opportunity to manage and drive the UK purchasing function in a leading global restaurant brand. You will be buying meat, produce, poultry and packaging.
Our client is one of the leaders within the restaurant world and have a brand that is unrivalled. The business create some of the most well known food products around the world and are loved globally.
Their great team atmosphere, along with fantastic staff members, has allowed them to take a large proportion of the market share and year on year growth.
They pride themselves on only using the best ingredients available and love trying out new flavours and combinations for the customers.
- Leading the strategic purchasing of Chicken, Meats, Fresh Produce, Bakery, Spices, Drinks, & packaging
- Creating, developing and implementing the purchasing strategy
- Developing key internal relationships with stakeholders (NPD, Sustainability & Quality, Distribution and Operations)
- Up-skill and support a team of 3 buyers who report directly to you
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Attending meetings and trade conferences
- Supply Chain performance management of food & packaging categories
- Develop supplier relationships and systems that ensure continuous improvement within cost, value and service
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong food or ingredients procurement background from an FMCG, Food Serevices or retail business
- Be experienced in managing a team
- Be a self starter, driven and have the ability to build key relationships
- Thrive in a fast moving environment
- Be organised and have the ability to manage complex food procurement projects
- Be focused on quality and have a passion to provide and excellent product
- Have strong verbal, numerical and written skills
Purchasing Manager (Food):
- Up to £63,000 salary
- £5,5000 car allowance
- 15% Bonus
- 28 days holiday
- The opportunity to work in a global business
- Great London location.
- Summer working hours (1pm finish)
- Discounts % on all products