Head of Commercial
Head of Commercial – The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a high-profile group comprising a charitable company (the parent) and three solely-owned subsidiaries, including the operating companies responsible for producing the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo. An icon in the British events calendar, set against the dramatic backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, from the entertainment company renowned for staging magnificent large-scale events in Scotland and abroad.
The mission of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo as a collective brand is to deliver world-class, public military events, rooted in Scottish tradition, which exceed the expectations of its audience and partners, and in so doing, contribute to its charitable purposes and to the prestige, prosperity and people of our nation, and our friends and allies.
The Head of Commercial is a strategically important role with responsibility for the delivery of existing box office, hospitality and retail sales in addition to a focus on challenging new business revenue targets for the Edinburgh event and Overseas Tattoos to double turnover by 2025. The post is responsible for improving performance and profitability as well as creativity and innovation of new and novel commercial opportunities in order to support and deliver against the organisation’s “Strategy for Growth”. The Head of Commercial is a member of the Senior Management team and a trusted advisor to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive.
Background and Experience
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo’s vision. We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Proven track record of significant revenue generation of existing and new business streams in a competitive commercial environment
- An entrepreneurial and analytic thinker able to think beyond traditional boundaries to solve problems and create new opportunities.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to manage and grow strategic relationships
- Proven track record of the management, development and analysis of customer data for commercial gain
- Passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead, manage and inspire others with excellent communication skills
- A strategic team player able to demonstrate excellent relationships and emotional intelligence to maximise relationships with peers across other business functions.
For further information, please download the appointment details from the Odgers Berndtson website by clicking on the 'Apply' button.