Head of Shared Services - Interim
- Strong financial management ensuring the efficient, accurate and timely processing and recording of transactions whilst maintaining a high level of financial control and governance.
- Have ultimate responsibility for accurate Shared Service Centre (SCC) accounting records and the provision financial reports.
- Ensure that an excellent service is provided through quality output e.g. accurate and timely processing of invoices in accordance with SLA's.
- Comply with corporate timetables and policies.
- Ensure the ongoing system developments is done according to best practice, and in doing so captures and delivers on requirements and controls, whilst optimising efficiency and information.
- Ensure that there are appropriate financials controls in place and procedures developed to periodically check operations. Responsible for implementing audit actions in a timely manner.
- Maintain process workflows, procedures and MI for all areas under SSC responsibility.
- Lead the integration of new acquisitions/disposals into/out of the SSC efficiently and effectively
- Optimise and develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and information
- Support the implementation of any financial systems
- Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Work with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required, eliminating rather than correcting errors.
- Lead, develop and inspire a high-quality Finance Team.
- An, experienced shared services leader with a demonstrable track record of successfully shaping and implementing end to end processes and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience of designing, implementing and operating robust financial controls.
- Experience of being part of the leadership team for system implementations.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Proven track record of delivering services in a fast paced, continually improving shared service environment.
- Experienced with AP Bank reconciliations and bank postings
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining attention to detail and effective controls.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). Extensive Accounting experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86810467