Business Analyst - Charles River (Perm)
Job Title: Business Analyst - Charles River
Salary: Up to £90k + benefits
A successful investment management company is recruiting for a Business Analyst to join the Transformation projects team in their London office.
The Transformation Project team are responsible for driving and delivery of key strategic change initiatives across the company which may be business (Front Office), Regulatory or Technology focused in nature.
Our projects are delivered using agile techniques, and it is important that our Business Analysts can identify 'slices' of functionality that can be delivered early and incrementally. As such we are looking for an experienced BA with a track record of working in similar environments and with a wide range of stakeholders.
Purpose of the role:
As a key member of the team, the Business Analyst will have ownership/responsibilities throughout all project life cycles, with an emphasis on Charles River initiatives and delivery;
- Working closely with the business to analyse and understand their processes and requirements
- Working closely with the business and Product Owner's to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and with competing business demands and priorities;
- Have a positive attitude and approach tasks with enthusiasm, challenges requirements appropriately;
- Ensure that in respect of all matters in your role, (including the planning and delivery of work), you understand and comply with all company policies, practices and statements relating to risk, compliance and confidentiality;
- Anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Preferred knowledge of Charles River IMS - 17R2 and above.
- Proven track record working as a Business analyst having worked in the financial service/Asset Manager/Investment Manager/Hedge Fund.
- Proven Charles River experience, providing in depth knowledge of the platform, as well the ability to make configuration changes, as requested by business users and sponsors.
- A broad asset class knowledge base, covering Equity, Fixed Income and Credit products.
- Strong configuration skills including MWB, blotters and Workflow rules within CRIMS.
- Confident in the ability to configure user permissions across all business units.
- Multi asset workflow analysis including Equity, Bond, Money Market, FX and Derivative processing.
- Design, built and deliver business demonstrations (proof of concepts) across all Front Office areas.
- Good understanding of order management and trade execution workflows including FIX and 3rd party integration within CRIMS.
- Strong understanding of reference data management (Multi asset class security static, cleansing(golden copy), new security processing) and data exception management (ratings, benchmark, indices and constituents).
- Coordinate initiatives across regions and teams to bring global consistency in the utilisation of CRIMS.
- Experience of on-boarding new funds within CRIMS.
- Excellent analysis process - can talk through clearly how they go about understanding and documenting challenges, turning them into requirements and solutions.
Highly desirable (nice to have):
- Understanding of Investment management Trading operations (front to back) including areas such as operations and compliance.
- Commercial experience working previously within a technology team either as developer, business analyst, data analyst or support role.
- Experience of building and executing test plans.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, particularly MS SQL Server.