Senior Fund Accountant / Fund Controller
We're representing a leading private equity firm who are looking to add a Senior Fund Accountant to the finance team. The firm is the clear market leader within its primary investment segment and has a strong track record of staff development. The office environment is amongst the most modern and progressive in the industry, with a large range of perks including onsite health & well-being facilities and a staff canteen. The role will offer a qualified accountant with PE Fund Accounting experience the opportunity to extend their experience and develop into transaction support.
The role will have a dual focus in terms of both fund accounting and transaction support. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the investment team during the acquisition and disposal processes
- Liaising with advisors to establish holding company structures for each transaction and manage the relating corporate governance and substance requirements for each
- Overseeing the preparation and distribution of all investor financial reporting, including quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assisting with the production of bi-annual valuation of portfolio businesses, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and audit of key inputs
- Managing all treasury aspects of the Private Equity funds, including all capital calls and distributions to investors and cash management throughout the structures
- Taking responsibility for the cost control function for all Fund entities including; overview of deal budgets, management of operating expenses and driving the continual development the control function
- Acting as point of contact for ad-hoc investor queries
- Attending each Investment Recommendation Committee to minute the key decisions and arranging the subsequent board meetings to review and approve each transaction
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA working in private equity fund accounting.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, quoting reference SK50501.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.