Director of External Affairs
The Conservative Party - Director of External Affairs
Salary – Competitive
Location – London
Conservative Campaign Headquarters are seeking to appointment a Director to oversee External Affairs, Outreach and Special Projects.
The role will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of strategies to enable the Conservative Party to build and maintain relationships with, and ultimately votes from, significant communities within the electorate including women, youth, BAME and business people.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who thrives on a wide-range of challenges.
- Responsibility for overall party policy and engagement relating to Outreach, External Business Relations, Youth, Women and BAME
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Youth and Women’s teams
- Overall responsibility for all of CCHQ’s external business engagement programmes
- Responsibility for and management and implementation of special projects
- Lead on engagement with all third parties and external think tanks
- Sit on the Conservative Party Executive Management Board
- Management; direct line management of the Business Relations team, Head of Youth Engagement and Head of Women’s Engagement
- Strong political knowledge, understanding and judgement
- Good interpersonal, leadership and diplomatic skills
- Ability to inspire others and build an effective team
- An effective communicator.
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” positive and proactive
- Able to build strategic relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external
- Can manage multiple projects in a logical and structured way
- A commitment to the Conservative Party's aims and values.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72654
If you have any queries or would like an informal and confidential discussion, please contact:
Partner, Head of Charity, Arts, Culture & Heritage Practice
D: 0207 529 3090
Closing Date: Monday 8th July