Director / Head of Product Management & Research (HNA023820)
Join a transforming international major business in the role of ‘Head of Product Management & Research’ to professionalise the delivery of technology products throughout their life-cycle across this global brand.
As Head / Director of Product Management you will achieve and take responsibility for three core areas:
- Product Innovation: establishing relationships with key people across the Group both in technology and in the wider business to drive a pipeline of new product ideas and business models.
- Leading a Product Management Centre of Excellence: improving product management and delivery: set standards, train and develop skills as the organisation moves from a ‘project’ to ‘product’ focused business.
- Challenge Mindsets: promote a customer focus ethos and agile ways of working.
The new Leader will be able to:
- Draw on considerable experience in product leadership and the management of software products in a complex business. This is a leadership and influencing post building a ‘Centre of Excellence’ and driving alignment to new ways of working. However, experience of hands-on delivery experience earlier in career is clearly useful.
- Contribute to the mission, roadmap and delivery outcome of the group-wide product portfolio with the Product Strategy and Planning team.
- Drive an innovation pipeline and act as an incubator for new ideas, prioritising effectively based on key indicators such as return in investment (ROI), process efficiency, customer engagement or legislative/safety benefits.
- Drive and embed new approaches to product management in a transforming business at various levels of maturity. S/he will talk ‘platforms and products’ not ‘projects and solutions’.
- Embed agile ways of working, promoting the benefits of fast iterative pilots to an audience who have various levels of appetite for this approach. Promote an open-minded evolution-focused mindset, not a mind-set striving for perfection.
- Build relationships with peers within the Product Strategy and Planning, and broader technology team, and influence their ways of working in a matrix model, promoting the benefits of new approaches.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders beyond technology in a complex, multi-division business and will be comfortable liaising at Board level. Credibility is crucial.
- Lead a team of external facing Product Managers who are excellent relationship builders, partners and influencers who will promote and embed Product Management and Delivery techniques and hold accountability for an extremely large portfolio of work.
- Communicate and promote a vision to a diverse range of people, both technical and non-technical, and at a variety of levels.
- Drive and shape ideas and team in a changing, sometimes ambiguous, environment and remain resilient in the face of adversity.
A fantastic opportunity awaits with plenty of scope for long-term progression for the right person.
Apply for Director / Head of Product Management & Research (HNA023820)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly