Young Adult Programme Director
Russam GMS is delighted to be partnered with Unlocking Potential in their search for a Young Adult Programme Director.
Unlocking Potential was founded in 2015 by 5 funder-board members with a shared passion to help children and young people who are facing barriers to reroute their lives and unlock their potential.
To achieve this overriding charitable objective, Unlocking Potential have hired staff, developed their programmes and implemented a corporate infrastructure. They are also financially strong, with an engaged Board of Trustees. This is a very exciting time for an ambitious and passionate Chief Executive to take the charity forward.
Unlocking Potential has ambitious goals and sees the Young Adult Programme Director as a key leader in delivering the charity’s mission.
The overall purpose of the Young Adult Programme Director will be to:
- Work with colleagues and partners to develop and establish services and projects which provide transformational opportunities for young adults who access our services.
- Work closely with the CEO of Unlocking Potential, to develop an innovative programme of support for young adults which builds on the success of our work to date, delivered through a modular, high-impact approach within target communities.
- Lead on the detailed design of our programme to meet social, emotional and mental health needs using innovative, multi-disciplinary approaches.
- Work alongside others in the senior team to lead training and information-sharing on multi-faceted approaches to transforming life chances for children and young people.
- Collaborate with thought leaders, excellent clinicians and outstanding leaders from across the sector. We have established strong collaborative partnerships with other organisations who are committed to transforming life chances of young people and their families.
This is a role for someone who is passionate about the work of Unlocking Potential, and who will advocate for the charity with a broad variety of audiences. We are looking for an energetic, inspirational and collaborative individual with integrity, vision and focus. They should be a clear and effective communicator who is highly approachable.
- Leadership and management of teams in a similar working environment, e.g. charity or Third Sector organisation
- Strong proven experience of leading and managing complex teams
- Significant experience of designing and leading programmes which provide support to young people/adults who have social, emotional and mental health needs
- Proven, demonstrable evidence of impact of transforming life chances for young people
- Varied experience of front-line delivery within programmes, able to provide detailed analysis of the outcomes of the young people who have benefited from own interventions
- Proven ability to relate to, inspire, motivate and lead people from different backgrounds and communities
- Experience of setting up innovative new ways of working
Knowledge & skills:
- A strong and up to date understanding of the challenges facing young adults who will benefit from our programme
- The ability to think and plan both conceptually and analytically, to ensure that short, medium and long term development plans meet the needs of all young people/adults
- An understanding of what excellence looks like in all areas of the role – educational, pastoral, financial, leadership, safeguarding, etc.
- Demonstrates relationship-building skills in order to establish effective working relationships with people across the charity
- Knowledge of current policy and practice, especially in relation to social, emotional and mental health needs
- Strong people management skills developed in all areas of performance management and leadership
- Enthusiasm for working with professional partners and other organisations to find collective solutions for our beneficiaries
- Results-driven and goal-orientated, with a rigorous understanding of causal evaluation
- Excellent time management, planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to make informed, timely decisions and sound judgement to prioritise actions
- Skilled in tracking progress on tasks and following through on executing plans
- Ability to work well as part of the executive team, as well as under own initiative
- Skilled in analysis of data to draw accurate conclusions and guide actions
- Closing date for applications: Friday 28th June 2019
- Preliminary interviews with Russam GMS: Thursday 4th July and Friday 5th July 2019
- First interview with Unlocking Potential (London): Week commencing 29th July 2019
- Final interview with Unlocking Potential (London): Week commencing 5th August 2019
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Melissa Baxter - 07789 985229
Marsha Isilar-Gosling - 07818 509690