Chief Financial Officer / CFO / FD
Chief Financial Officer – Kent
Our client is a provider of health services, principally as an outsourcer to the NHS and also to private pay patients. The company is led by two former NHS and corporate clinicians that have just secured funding and backing from a supportive growth investor.
The company works across 4 offices, 140 sites, partnering with 25 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in the NHS and provides services such as physiotherapy, MSK, diagnostics, orthopaedics, cardiology, ophthalmology and podiatry. The company serves a population of almost 2 million across many different NHS areas in England and works with Commissioners, GPs and Hospitals to coordinate this care.
This incredibly profitable business with c31% EBITDA margin is now looking to grow organically and by acquisition (and has funds to do so), with an ultimate sale in mind.
As part of their ongoing growth strategy, the company is now looking to bring on a commercial and strategic CFO with experience in healthcare, multi-site businesses and growth situations to add to a high performing management team.
This individual will sit on the board and contribute to the overall growth strategy including M&A, long term pricing, ROI, etc. The individual will work initially on professionalization and process implementation to help further solidify the platform for further growth. We are also looking for an individual with strong operational skills to lead an existing team and build out where necessary.
At the point of successful sale the CFO will receive their 7 figure equity sum and preferably be positioned to go again as CFO or even CEO of the newly owned business.
Given the sector and the stage of the business, the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are an experienced growth CFO.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a number one CFO or FD;
- Previous PE experience would be beneficial but not essential;
- Proven experience as a CFO in a high growth environment;
- Hands-on CFO who is happy to get into the detail as and when required;
- Track record of effectively leading and managing successful finance teams;
- Ability to work with a small management team to deliver business growth;
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent (CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent);
- Hands-on experience of running finance teams including Tax, Treasury, Risk, Audit;
- Experience of M&A is advantageous;
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills to work closely with external stakeholders including shareholders, lenders, and auditors;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Good commercial and negotiation skills combined with an operational awareness and the ability to be hands-on when required;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Dynamic personality with high energy a can do attitude.