Financial Controller - Arthrex UK
Arthrex UK – Financial Controller
Brewster Partners are pleased to be supporting Arthrex UK in their search for a Financial Controller to join their fast-paced, international organisation.
Arthrex Inc, the parent company of Arthrex UK, is a world renowned orthopedic medical devices group with global revenues in excess of $2Bn. They have been responsible for developing over 1000 products and procedures, and are highly regarded for their innovative spirit and pioneering research, which has transformed the field of arthroscopy since the business began in 1981.
Arthrex continues to experience unprecedented growth and demand for their products throughout the world. They remain a privately held company yet pride themselves on maintaining a family business culture.
With a turnover approaching £40m, the UK business has experienced year on year growth in turnover in its last 5 years, and they are currently seeking to appoint a talented Financial Controller who will take on a senior leadership role in the business.
This person will form a close working partnership with the General Manager, as well as having a reporting line to the Senior Director of Finance EMEA based in Munich.
- Leadership and day to day running of the Finance department, responsible for daily accounting duties (AP, AR, General Ledger, Fixed Assets)
- Forming a close alliance with the EMEA shared service centre to ensure workflows and processes are seamless and working efficiently
- Analysis of sales statistics, margins and business performance metrics, and ensuring results are communicated across the business
- Maintaining relationships with 3rd party advisors including banks, insurers, leasing companies, auditors and public authorities
- Preparation of the budget and forecast and necessary planning for the business
- Working with Tax Consultants to prepare necessary tax calculations
Suitable candidates for this role should meet the following criteria:
- Academic degree or extensive experience as a Finance/Accounting Manager
- Knowledge of US GAAP would be preferred, as well as any experience dealing with multiple accounting standards within an international group
- Strong knowledge of SAP is an essential requirement
- Some experience of the healthcare / medical sector would be desirable
- Communication and presentation skills of the highest order, with the ability to manage relationships and stakeholders within a matrix organisation
If you feel you meet the required criteria and you are interested in taking on a role for a global, fast paced organisation, please apply ASAP by sending your CV and cover note to Richard Chamberlain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note any direct applications, or applications via other recruitment agencies, will be sent directly to Brewster Partners.