Senior Operations Manager
A Senior Operations Manager is required for a growing SME.
Our client is a growing SME operating within the food service sector.
As the Senior Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the P&L, weekly forecasting and analysing the current operation by taking operational ownership of performance and productivity across the on-site driver teams. Based at our clients head office in South London, key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Operations and Logistics teams have the necessary manpower, competence, skill set, knowledge and equipment in order to achieve targets
- Review long term strategic planning with the Group Business Director to achieve improvements within the operational delivery of projects for the company
- To be responsible for the total fleet management of all commercial vehicles
- Monitor the telematics and IT/software's, beneficial ways of ensuring good scheduling and planning
- Surpassing site KPIs by ensuring adequate resource is maintained at all times and within budget
- Daily monitoring & managing driver performance and productivity with the on-site team leaders
- Provide a clear escalation path for handling client issues and manage these situations effectively
- Highlight and address poor service performance with immediate corrective actions
- Daily and weekly performance and productivity meetings in partnership with the Group Business Director
- To inform your line manager of any/all aspects of our service that could/should be improved
- Follow up of complaints/issues and remedial actions taken with clear performance plans and coaching in place
- Manage the daily driver activity of all allocated sites
- Providing direct and generalist support to your team of driver colleagues, briefing/debriefing effectively, closely monitoring operational performance and resolving any issues as they arise
The Senior Operations Manager will live within a commuting distance of our client's head office in South London and will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A track record in leading multi-site transport operations.
- Experience in managing remote driver operations would be advantageous
- Able to effectively engage with & inspire managers and teams to perform to their best ability and deliver outstanding service & results
- An accomplished communicator, with good presentation skills, who is able to liaise confidently with Drivers, Customers & Clients
- Working with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Well organised and highly communicative with excellent planning and time management skills
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to analyse & interpret data
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the business
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.