Interim Plant Director
Our PE owned global supply chain manufacturing client is undergoing a programme of rationalisation to adjust the company for prevailing weak market conditions and now seeks an Interim Plant Director to oversee an orderly plant closure in South Korea.
The Plant Director needs to develop and implement a plant closure plan and hand over the premises to the owner of the buildings in an orderly way. Highly unionised, this aspect is expected to be the toughest so the key need is experience of working in the South Korean manufacturing sector, definitely with strong employee relations experience in that market.
- Must have extensive manufacturing experience and have previously overseen a plant closure in a highly unionised environment
- Develop and implement a plan to hand over the premises in a timely and orderly manor
- Experience of working in Asia (South Korea preferable) within a unionised manufacturing company
- Have closed down plants in Asia
- Strong employee relations experience
- Immediately available and able to relocate for the duration of the assignment.
- The successful applicant does not need to be a Korean speaker
This role will be based in South Korea and will start in July, its is expected to last 6—9 months. Please only apply if you have the requisite South Korean experience and are willing to be based in South Korea for the duration of the assignment.
Please reply by Friday 14th June with your latest CV, a short summary as to why your profile is a close fit for this role and an indication of your day rate/remuneration requirements for a role of this duration.