5 days left
- Times 100 fastest growing companies
- Exceptional business with exceptional staff
About Our Client
Giggling Squid was born in 2009 from a determination to do things differently. To be one of a kind. They now have a few more restaurants (32 to date, including 8 opened in the past year and more coming soon) and have been named in the Virgin Fast Track in each of the last four years for good reason but the important stuff hasn't changed. Still as hungry as ever to give guests a truly unique experience based around fantastic food cooked by highly skilled Thai chefs.
They are looking for genuine, caring and determined individuals to be part of their success and growth. Family culture is just as important today as it was when they first began.
As Financial Controller, this leadership role will give you the exposure to develop your experience in restaurant finance as part of a niche, highly skilled management team and hold you in good stead to succeed as CFO in future.
- Team Management and Management of Operational Finance
- Management, motivation and development of the finance team. Currently consisting of Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant, AP Manager, AP Clerk
- Management of balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
Management Accounting and Analysis
- Monthly review of site P&L's for all restaurants (currently 32) which are produced by the Management Accountant
- Partner with Area Managers to communicate and discuss performance within Management Accounts pack
- Production of monthly Board Pack including KPI, sales and margin analysis
- Production of annual statutory accounts and year end schedules
- Liaison with external auditors to manage the audit process
- Work with the auditors to produce tax comps
- VAT returns
Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting
- Working with Area Managers to manage the bottom up budget process starting in December
- Review and challenge proposed budgets with Area Manager and Operations Director
- Submit completed budget for Board review
- Continuous development of IT systems including Sage 200
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with relevant financial leadership experience. You will have experience gained in the restaurant or similar, multi-site retail environment - this could have been gained in industry or within a practice firm.
This is an exciting role, with an exciting business. To succeed you will take ownership of the role and turn it into something great - you will have the opportunity to shape your career by being part of a fast moving brand.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14018092Z
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly