Interim Head of Development
I'm urgently recruiting an Interim Head of Development for my client, a local authority based in London. Keen to speak to candidates at head of level already with experience in residential and/or commercial development, with a proven track record of delivering high profile, complex development projects.
As Interim Head of Development, you will be responsible for leading on the efficient delivery of all development related activities (predominantly RIBA stages 0-3) including the day-to-day planning, supervision, direction and monitoring of the development team. You will ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner, whilst achieving project targets and meeting customer expectations.
The successful Interim Head of Development will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Proven track record within the development industry, experienced already operating at a senior level within Property and Housing.
- Strong understanding of residential and/or commercial development.
- Proven track record of delivering multiple, mix use, complex development projects to time, cost and quality standards.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships (local authorities, landowners, developers, contractors).
- Experience managing and motivating medium-large sized development teams, including consultants.
- In-depth knowledge of development process, current UK planning policies, laws, legislation, and understanding of the public sector regulatory framework.
- Commercially focused with ability to forecast, plan and manage project/internal resources and external suppliers.
- In depth knowledge of procurement, including development agreements and joint ventures.
- Degree or professional qualification in property, development, construction or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Competitive day rate (inside IR35)