2 days left
A market leading Furniture Components Distributor is recruiting a General Manager to lead a site relocation and operational start-up of a new UK hub based in the West Midlands to continue the growth strategy of their existing UK business and dominance in the European market.
As the General Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Relocation of the exiting UK hub to a new purpose-built facility based in the Midlands
- Complete commercial and P&L accountability for the UK operation
- End to end management of the purchasing, stock holding and final customer delivery
- Using the parent companies' European network of suppliers and customer base as leverage to expand the UK business and supplier network
- Based on market trends, making strategic decisions on stock strategies
- Identifying and sourcing new suppliers/ products which will be requested by customers
- Develop and manage strong and long-term customer relationships
- Some international travel may be required to visit European HQ or suppliers
- Oversee and lead the hiring of all new members of the business and management team
- Oversee a team of commercial and field sales professionals, ensuring a high level of business growth
The ideal Candidate for the role of General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous business leadership experience within a furniture components distributor will be highly advantageous
- End to end supply chain operations experience
- Experience of operational and business start-ups would be highly desirable
- A track record in managing a successful business P&L is essential.
- A track record in business development and customer relationship management.
- The ability to utilise and leverage the global support infrastructure and network to UK operations advantage.
- Strong stakeholder management experience
My client is a global market leader in furniture components distribution, with a strong presence in the UK, that is looking to relocate their existing UK hub to a more central location in the Midlands. They are offering the right candidate a genuine business leadership opportunity with significant investment to further expand their UK network. Although you will be starting up new Midlands Hub, you will receive significant support from the European network and HQ functions to support your business' growth.
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly