Category Manager - Marketing
- Develop and implement category strategies ensuring optimal cost down and value add
- Lead cross-functional virtual teams in the delivery of category strategies
My client is a South Yorkshire based business who are one of the most recognisable brands in the UK. Procurement is going through an exciting period of change and are making the transition into being a true strategic, value add business function.
- Develop and implement, through the use of market intelligence and industry recognised tools, category plans with internal customers that ensure goods and services within the role holder's category responsibility provide best long term value
- Develop category product and service expertise through market research and internal analysis, optimising goods and services in conjunction with business technical experts
- Advise and recommend on the appropriate "make v buy" commercial strategy to ensure that services are appropriately sourced
- Undertake specific procurement activity as determined by the category sourcing strategy, to be agreed with the internal customer as part of their project programme.
- Minimise business risk through appropriate contractual terms; specifications and service level metrics
- Ensure all savings opportunities are exploited to full effect by negotiating commercial, legal and operational requirements, ensuring maximum value and cost down impact on bottom line profit
- Develop strong and effective internal relationships to ensure that business requirements are reflected within contractual documentation and in a way that reduces/mitigates risk
- Influence, challenge and engage to gain stakeholder buy-in to new processes and ideas by articulating the benefits of change
- Maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure that they consistently meet (or preferably exceed) business expectations. This may include regular reports on supplier performance, or leading thinking on supplier improvement projects
- Degree qualified
- CIPS Qualified
- Proven track record in delivering cost down and added value financial target
- Proven negotiator
- Understanding of category management principles
- Experience of delivering category strategies
- Comprehensive legal knowledge of supply contracts with the ability to negotiate and agree terms and conditions for complex contracts
- Ability to challenge and influence team members
- Strong analytical skills
A great opportunity to join a business with a forward thinking procurement leader who is keen to see all members of the team develop. Along with this comes a highly competitive salary & package along with a great brand which will give you major exposure exciting projects.