A leading Banking business are currently looking for a VAT specialist to join their Group Finance team.
Your role will be to assist the VAT function in providing in depth VAT advisory, assurance and support for the business. You will work with a number of finance teams to support in the development of processes in conjunction with fulfilling compliance from a VAT and IPT perspective.
Some of your duties will include:
- Responsibility for the day to day relationship with agreed business areas, working with VAT Senior Manager and business colleagues to manage VAT and/or IPT issues as they arise, responding to HMRC and business enquiries and technical queries
- Provide accurate and prompt advice to specific business areas on the VAT consequences of proposed transactions and new business initiatives to identify opportunities and risks and ensure that the impact of VAT is correctly reflected in the decision making process
- Monitor changes in VAT legislation and interpretation to identify potential impact on the business and take appropriate action so that the Group complies with and obtains the maximum advantage from such changes
- Provide technical updates and training to both technical and non-technical staff throughout the organisation to maximise VAT awareness and reduce compliance risk
- Support Senior VAT Managers in analysing the VAT impact of new business products and the viability of planning opportunities
- Assist the VAT Senior Manager with managing the relationship and negotiating with HMRC
You will need to be someone with a very strong background in understanding UK VAT law and practice a well as the ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders including the HMRC. This is an urgent requirement so please apply for a more detailed job description.