Reporting directly into the COO, this Sales Director role exists to drive business growth through proactively capturing new business. With a view to managing the wider sales team in the future there is lots of scope to develop in this role.
Often seen as the market leaders in their space, our client is extremely well known in the UK and has growing recognition overseas. They focus on repairs and restorations in a number of discreet industries. They have grown significantly on the basis of excellent marketing and customer service, they are now keen to kick on their outbound sales more professionally.
The Sales Director will be primarily expected to drive business growth through leading on BD and client facing opportunities. How this will be achieved is by:
- Setting and delivering the company plan alongside other members of the Senior Management Team
- Interpreting market trends and industry changes
- Making commercial recommendations to the business
- Streamlining lead generation processes enabling sales teams to chase leads swiftly
- Implementing new sales strategies and ensuring departments follow industry best practice
- Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers
- Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality
In order to apply for the Sales Director role, candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of building business from cold in a variety of industry verticals. Specific industries that will guarantee interest from the client would be facilities management, construction and enterprise sales in the public and private sectors. At interview questions will be asked about track record and recall of numbers will be expected to be perfect. In addition to this they are looking for:
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical analysis software
The base salary for this role is vastly dependent on experience. They are open to those with strong track records of delivery at this level or someone who is more of an up and comer.
The range available for base salary is £50,000 to £65,000, however they may be some flex for exceptional performers.