A UK headquartered multi-strategy investor is hiring a Fund Accountant to look after one of their new funds. The role reports directly into a Finance Director.
The hire will be responsible for reporting requirements in relation to the allocated fund, including statutory reporting and board pack preparation, as well as forecasting and assisting the portfolio team with analysis of the new investment portfolio.
Other typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with external auditors;
- Reviewing internal and external reporting for equity funds;
- Assisting the FD in reviewing new investment team compliance checklist;
- Maintaining the forecast model for fund compliance monitoring;
- Maintaining NAV forecasts for board;
- Providing management fee forcasts for board reporting;
- Cash forecasting and liquidity management;
- Collecting data from investee companies/assisting in the development of data collection tool;
- Working with the portfolio team to produce quarterly valuation packs of investee companies;
- Co-ordinating and producing quarterly fund review packs; and
- Creating and updating fund income models.
- Must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Must have a consistently strong academic background (2.1 at degree level, or equivalent) and ideally first time passes in the accounting qualification
- Strong IT skills – Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough
- Drive and initiative – the desire to add value, proactive approach
- Fast paced – ability to work on a variety of tasks with tight deadlines
- Commitment to the business and the team – the ability to contribute over and above the job alone
- Strong intellect - the ability to analyse and distil information quickly and effectively
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to anyone within the broader team
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin by clicking on Apply quoting reference MN50484.
Walker Hamill has been a leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.