Junior Finance Director
We're recruiting a Finance Director on behalf of a small investment fund, focused on alternative assets. We're looking for a Fund Controller, Financial Controller or an experienced accountant who's currently working within a private equity firm with an excellent academic record and the motivation to take on a broad role in a small, entrepreneurial environment.
The successful candidate will undertake a broad role as part of a first time appointment. The initial focus will be setting up, developing and professionalising the finance function. In the medium term, or as soon as the appointee is able to take on more, there is clear potential to develop into more commercial responsibilities relating to the investment portfolio.
Key responsibilities from the outset include:
- Preparation of annual financial statements;
- Preparation and supporting filing of VAT and other tax returns;
- Preparing of management reporting packs and tracking costs against budget;
- Support in setting up processes and preparation of internal controls;
- Liaise with external accountant and auditors to prepare and audit annual financial statements;
- Support in preparing periodic regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Liaising with third party administrators on a day to day basis;
- Assist with overseeing the Administrators quarterly reporting on the funds; and
- Make sure capital call payments are executed on a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) working in a private equity finance team.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes by clicking on Apply quoting reference SK50471.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.