Distribution Centre Manager Designate
1 day left
Excellent Basic Salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Private Medical
Making the switch to DPD could be the best move you’ll ever make. Represented in the UK by both DPD and DPD Local, we combine fantastic people, amazing service, innovative products and state of the art technology to deliver an incredible customer experience.
DPD have a Network of 66 Depots throughout the UK with 17 Depots in and around the London/Greater London area, and we have exciting growth plans to expand our Network over the next 5+ years. Due to these ambitious growth plans DPD are very keen to hear from highly motivated and driven site managers around the London/Greater London region.
Each Depot has a site manager so if you are interested in registering your CV for when opportunities arise in the London/Greater London area please send your CV by clicking on Apply and either Alan or Siobhan from the internal recruitment team will contact you if your skills, knowledge and experience are what we are looking for.
This position has been designed to provide you with an excellent introduction and understanding of our large-scale distribution operations, whilst being supported by the Regional Management team.
As Distribution Centre Manager Designate you will support the Distribution Centres within your region. You’ll also be expected to:
- Undertake project work
- Cover Site Manager absences
- Support depots with specific operational needs, as and when they arise.
Able to demonstrate a successful track record in leading, inspiring and motivating high performing teams to deliver outstanding customer service, you must have proven people management experience within the distribution/logistics/supply chain industry or a related sector.
Comfortable operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace is critical. Experience of a 24/7 operation, managing a 20,000+ daily throughput and a work force in excess of 200 employees would be a distinct advantage. We’ll also expect you to:
- Be skilled in working within and adhering to set Key Performance Indicators, spanning Service, Quality, Transport, Health & Safety and Costs
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Have the ability to effect and successfully implement change.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Have a good degree of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data, along with the initiative to act accordingly
- Be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required
- You must be willing to work across all 7 days, this will include weekends
- You must hold a full driving licence.
DPD is the UK’s leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier and as a multiple award- winning business, we’re also a great organisation to join. In return, you can look forward to an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, car, bonus, PMI and the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy
Apply for Distribution Centre Manager Designate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly