Groundwork West Midlands
Birmingham, with regular travel around the West Midlands
We have been working for over 20 years to improve people’s lives in the places that need it the most. We're committed to practical action to build stronger communities with better local environments, to tackle climate change and combat fuel poverty, to improve skills and get people back into work and to inspire the next generation of community champions and leaders.
Last year alone we:
- Helped local businesses save a combined £850,000 in energy savings
- Helped 500 people into sustainable employment
- Got 8,000 young people more active
- Improved the diets and lifestyles of over 675 people
- Secured £26,000 of grants to help people in financial crisis
- Planted 475 trees
The ongoing reduction in public spending continues to adversely impact on our communities and people’s lives. Environmental impacts – from flooding to energy price rises – impact disproportionately on those who have least protection. Here in the West Midlands the economy is booming but not everyone is benefitting from this growth. There is, therefore, a role for Groundwork West Midlands and a number of strategic opportunities; we want to be central to regional and local plans so that communities are at their heart and opportunities for local people are maximised.
The charity now requires a new Chief Executive to lead the organisation into its next phase of development. S/he will be expected to be knowledgeable about the aims and requirements of charity operations, the current public sector environment and possess sufficient commercial skills to support the potential for growth. This work will be underpinned by an enterprising staff team able to respond to new opportunities.
- Build strategic and collaborative partnerships in private, public and not-for-profit sectors
- Develop innovative, commercially viable approaches to expand the portfolio and resilience of projects and programmes
- Act as the face of the organisation in the region, raising its profile
- Strategic management and leadership of the Trust ensuring the core aims of the organisation are achieved, in-line with our vision, aims and values
- Strategic development and performance of the Trust financially and in accordance with legislation.
- Developing, monitoring, achieving and reviewing the Annual Trust Business Plan and 3-year vision
- Significant leadership experience at a senior level, including organisational development and change management
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to deliver projects and programmes
- Knowledge and awareness of environmental organisations and demonstrable experience of working with a range of cross sector partners
For further information and details on how to apply, please click on the 'apply' button.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Hannah Wade on 0113 386 8542.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st June 2019