Chief Executive Officer
Synchronicity Earth aims to be a different kind of conservation organisation. We are research-driven, raising and distributing donor funding to the conservation sector. To increase the impact of this funding, we develop programmes, collaborating with others to coordinate action. We want to help create a global network of conservation allies. The work we do helps to bring about meaningful change for endangered species and vulnerable ecosystems, particularly those that are overlooked, and has a positive impact on the livelihoods of often marginalised communities. Do you want to play a vital role in an organisation with a deep rooted ambition for an Earth where all life is valued, celebrated and flourishing?
- The CEO will work closely with our highly committed board of trustees, including the Founding Trustees Adam and Jessica Sweidan, to continue to develop the strategic planning of the organisation to deliver continuing growth.
- You will provide leadership to the team and will be responsible for the organisation’s administration and financial management as well as the programmatic and engagement activities of the organisation.
- You will be an ambassador for the organisation and play an important public facing role, building long-term relationships with advisors, donors, conservation partners and a wide range of networks. You will also lead the work to grow our fundraising and supporter network.
- You will work with the trustees to develop business plans and budgets and will ensure that the activities of the organisation comply with the law and regulations.
- Experience in senior management or organisational leadership is essential. An important element of the job of CEO is the need to work closely with the Trustee Board, so any experience of working with committees or boards is advantageous.
- Experience working in the conservation sector is not essential; however, a strong commitment to environmental conservation is important. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to grow organisations and build successful teams. You will also be able to articulate strategy clearly and have experience both in translating this into an operational plan and overseeing the implementation of it.
- You will possess a strong intellect, first class communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
- You will be financially literate and possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit: http://www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72180
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 020 7529 3090.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st June