- Unique international opportunity, management accounting role in small team
- Favourable tax regime, island jurisdiction, enviable work/life balance
About Our Client
The Falkland Islands Company (FIC) is the largest private sector employer on the Islands, and is well established with over 165 years of proven expertise. FIC delivers a wide range of goods and services to the local community, including (but not limited to) retail, automotive dealership, insurance, house-building and tourist services.
The Management Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities from managing the day to day accounts function to working with a small team. The successful applicant will be the point person and 'Super User' for the current accounting system, SAGE, and so will understand how the various departments use the system.
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the Management Accountant will possess strong interpersonal skills.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with the CFO to ensure continuous improvement in the clarity of the management accounts pack and related KPIs;
- Challenging the norm and to ensure high quality financial controls are in place;
- Standardise accounting procedures across the business;
- Maintaining control and reporting over retail stock;
- Completing of the monthly management accounts pack (include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet analysis with full reconciliations and production of Board packs);
- Providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Provide analysis for the construction department monitoring sales, profitability and maintenance and overheads cost;
- Liaise with external auditors to produce annual information;
- Managing Company Secretarial matters.
The Successful Applicant
Based in the Falkland Islands, the successful Management Accountant will feel excited and entirely comfortable living and working in an essentially rural location within small island community. They will also be a motivated individual working in the heart of the business with stakeholders from non-finance personnel to directors.
The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity and an enviable work/life balance. The Falklands have a pristine environment and a growing economy lead by tourism development and the discovery of oil. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in a small to medium sized environment will be essential to success. The hands on Management Accountant will possess:
- Full Accountancy Qualification, or Relevant work experience (QBE)
- Proven operational track record in a commercial organization
- Solid understanding of accounting software, preferably SAGE Line 1000 and Microsoft Excel
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Pragmatic and proactive team player
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Relocation (£45k-£50k)
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14007761Z
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly