Group Finance Director - SME Group
- Exciting time to join a growing SME group of companies
- Ownership of finance, key member of the Senior Management Team
About Our Client
Market Town Developments Ltd is a growing group of small, high-end, lifestyle inspired enterprises, predominantly based in Petworth. They include Market Town Developments, Market Town Foods, New Street Restaurant, Augustus Brandt Antiques International, The Angel Inn (Petworth) Ltd, Petworth Antique Market and Decorum Est based on the Kings Road, Fulham.
The group has grown both organically and through acquisition and offers their clientelle outstanding quality, bespoke products and experience.
The role of the Group Finance Director is to be responsible for the management of the company's accounting and financial control systems, governance, and to assist the shareholders and CEO in establishing a financial strategy for a profitable long-term growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
For Market Town Developments Ltd, Market Town Foods Ltd, New Street Restaurants Ltd, The Angel Inn (Petworth) Ltd and Augustus Brandt Antiques International Ltd:
- Ensure proper financial controls in place to safeguard the assets of the companies and ensure the complete and accurate recording of all financial transactions
- Responsible for the accurate, timely production of company accounts and management information on a monthly basis
- Prepare weekly revenue and cash reports for management as required
- Produce budget templates and projections for Senior Management team
- Ensure full compliance with statutory requirements & deadlines including company reporting, VAT, company taxation, PAYE and pensions
- Supplier payments and management of operational cash flows
- Processing monthly payroll and company pensions to ensure full compliance with legislation
- Liaising with company accountants, insurers and bankers as required
- Support the finance, Operations and Senior Management teams and perform ad hoc tasks & projects as required
For Decorum Est, oversee preparation of monthly management accounts from cash book and load in to Sage.
For Petworth Antiques Market, support Market Manager with preparation of monthly reporting to CEO and ad hoc assistance.
Responsible for the development, training and well-being of the Finance Department, including managing the appraisal system and performance of the department to company requirements.
On site manager to the Petworth Antiques Market Manager.
To provide feedback to the Managing Director and CEO on any day to day issues.
To attend all training provided, including any ongoing training related to the particular role.
To participate in the appraisal process.
To comply with all legislation regarding Health and Safety, Fire safety, and Food safety at all times.
To assist in induction of new staff where appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you will be a qualified accountant with relevant experience as a Controller, Head of Finance or Finance Director.
You will ideally have experience within an SME environment and exposure to the retail or related sector.
What's on Offer
Salary of £55,000- £70,000
Michael Page are the sole, retained agency
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14011419Z
Apply for Group Finance Director - SME Group
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly