- Opportunity within a family run SME in operation for over 100 years
- Hands on number 1 in Finance role
About Our Client
WT Johnson were founded in 1910 and have since handed unmatched craft skills and expertise through 4 generations.
Textile manufacturers have been attracted to the Huddersfield area for over 700 years, creating a centre of excellence for wool processing. Pennine water filters through the local grit stone and shale, making it pure and soft - perfect for washing and scouring wool and ideal for the delicate processes that provide the finishing touches to the world's finest wool and worsted cloth. WT Johnson have been based in Bankfield Mills in Huddersfield for over 100 years which has been pivotal in their continued success in the production of fine fabrics.
WT Johnson are looking to hire an experienced Finance Manager to join their team, reporting into the Director of Operations and managing a team of 8 (includes Finance, Admin and IT).
This is a hands on role within an SME environment, where responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and issuing management accounts on a monthly basis in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparing end of year accounts with supporting schedules
- Preparing weekly KPIs for discussion with the Directors and SMT
- Analysing and interpreting financial data for review by the Group Accountant
- Playing a leading role in the implementation of a new ERP system (Microsoft Nav) and ensuring the systems are maintained
- Managing all balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing cash flow and preparing rolling forecasts on a monthly basis
- Managing purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and IT
- Overseeing monthly VAT returns and control
- Maintaining working relationships with banks and other financial bodies
- Ensuring financial control procedures are maintained throughout the company
- Keeping up to date with current legislation and acting as an advisory to the Directors of the business
The Successful Applicant
As this is a varied and hands on role, you must have experience in a similar role, ideally in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
You must also be Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), or Qualified by Experience, with a proven track record in management accounts, people management and payroll.
Given the role sits on the SMT and will have significant exposure to the Directors you must be a confident communicator who can effectively challenge and advise on financial matters to further the growth of the business.
What's on Offer
WT Johnson offer a competitive package including bonus, healthcare and parking.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14012235Z