Senior Group FP&A Analyst
FTSE 250 Group FP&A Analyst
Working for a worldwide leader in aerospace
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Meggitt have invested £130m on the construction of a new manufacturing and office facility at Ansty Park in Coventry. The site will provide a base for 1,000 employees in a world-class aerospace engineering and technology environment. It will also be the new home for Meggitt's Plc global headquarters.
As part of this move the Group finance function will be relocating from Bournemouth to Ansty Park. Meggitt are looking to take this opportunity to develop a world-class group finance function of proud technical specialists to build the success of the future.Job Description
- Assist with the ongoing management and development of the budgeting and financial forecasting process throughout Meggitt
- Support IR at quarterly and half year reporting cycles as well as with ad hoc information requests to assist with investor meetings
- Assist in month end analysis of results and creation of value add management information for senior management.
- Manage consolidation of forecast numbers, including analysis of individual submitted forecasts to help brief senior management on key issues
- Assist with production of quarterly intangible balance sheet testing of R&D assets, as well as preparing new approval requests for R&D capitalisation.
- Commercial review of Divisional submissions for unusual trends/ errors, helping to identify the key issues and their possible resolution and ensuring production of review pack for CFO ahead of business reviews
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial information and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Assisting with the creation of backup materials for any supplementary / ad-hoc analysis for management and for Budget / Forecast Board Paper
- Qualified accountant preferred (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- At least 5 years of finance experience, including commercial facing roles
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Strong financial modelling skills, especially excel
- Good working knowledge of operational metrics and how they drive financial metrics
- Ability to analyse complicated financial submissions and summarise into key points
- Experience of ERPs (esp. SAP) and Excel add-in data extraction techniques
- Strong time management skills
- Manufacturing / aerospace experience desirable
- International / large business experience essential
Who we are looking for
- Proud Technical Specialists
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Able to utilise successes and failures as learning fodder, learning through experimentation and proactive approaches
- Understands the timescales and pathway to transformation and change and flexible in their approach to leading/working through ambiguity
- Builds collaborative relationships and drives engagement
- Nurtures and promotes talent, diversity and innovation
- Open to being based in Bournemouth through the Knowledge Transfer period until 1st March go live in Ansty
Competitive salary plus a good benefits package