- Working for a high growth pharmaceutical business
- Fast paced and dynamic environment
About Our Client
GAMA Healthcare is a global company with over 150 staff with offices based in the United Kingdom, Australia and China. We are market leaders in various infection prevention and control solutions, our range of Clinell products combine innovative technology with ease of use, providing the professional healthcare industry with the most effective options available. Our mission is to reduce worldwide infections by offering the best innovative solutions together with market leading after sales support.
Founded in 2004 by two medical doctors, GAMA Healthcare has become a world leading developer and manufacturer of infection prevention technology. The Clinell brand is well known to the NHS, providing a range of product lines for surface care, hygiene monitoring, and patient skincare.
In April 2018 GAMA Healthcare received the Queens Award for Enterprise in International Trade and were also recognised by The Sunday Times for the HSBC International Track 200 Award. In less than 10 years, revenues now account for a turnover in excess of £40 million and double-digit growth is forecasted over the next 5 years.
The role will have responsibility for managing the finance function in Watford (excluding FP&A), ensuring finance are working closely with and meeting the needs of other departments across the company including providing guidance and support to the Australian and China businesses ensuring standardisation across the Group. You will also be responsible for consolidation of GAMA Healthcare Group worldwide and providing guidance and support to all companies within the Group.
Areas of responsibility:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Management Accounts / Period End processes
- FX contracts management
- Inter Company transactions
- Coordination of the annual Audit process across the Group
- Group Tax including Transfer Pricing
Day to day requirements:
- Ensure Period end process is timely, accurate and continually developed
- Management, development and mentoring of the finance team
- Manage performance of direct reports (currently team of 4) through objective setting and periodic review
- Liaise closely with the FP&A team to ensure forecasts/budgets are understood and any variances are explained
- Coordinate the Group audit process and Statutory Accounts preparation liaising with subsidiaries and auditors as appropriate ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensure Management information is developed using SAP B1 and other tools to deliver insightful analyses on a timely basis incl Reports, Presentations, KPIs etc
- Ensure all regulatory submissions are timely and accurate including VAT/Intrastat, HMRC, Bank reporting commitments etc
- FX/Cash management incl cash forecasting and covenant tracking
- Liaise with external advisors as required
- Work closely with Heads of Departments to ensure that Finance provide support and advice as required
- Collaboratively create development plans for direct reports
- Keep abreast of latest changes in legislation, accounting developments and other relevant matters
- Deputise for the Finance Director as required at Board meetings and other external commitments
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant ideally with a background or experience within the pharmaceutical/distribution or manufacturing sector. The role would suit a candidate who has strong interpersonal skills, someone who builds relationships at all levels with ease. You will have a track record in a similar level role with team management, mentoring and development experience. You will possess strong quantitive and analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving. You will be comfortable delivering complex financial information in a clear and concise way and presenting at Board level. Above all you will be a team player and have the desire to be hands on and proactive in the role. This role would suit a candidate who can work in an agile and fast changing environment who enjoys variety. Knowledge of SAP/SAP B1 is desirable.
What's on Offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14012737Z
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly