- Financial Controller for one of the premier racquets clubs in the UK
- Based in Edgbaston, Birmingham
About Our Client
The Edgbaston Priory Club is a private members club set in 14 acres of grounds just five minutes from Birmingham's City Centre. It has an illustrious history and can trace its origins back over 130 years.
Today the Club offers its 3,500 members modern tennis, squash and lifestyle facilities, with a first-class service tailored to each member's needs. Since 1982 the Club has hosted the pre-Wimbledon Ladies' international tennis tournament, the 'Classic', which attracts the world's best players and enhances its reputation as one of the premier racquets clubs in the UK.
The key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be to undertake the following:
- Leadership of the finance team;
- Managing the month end process including review of management accounts, cashflow forecast and asset register;
- Preparation of the annual budget including capital expenditure;
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts including VAT and Tax, whilst liaising with Club auditors;
- Production of timely reports for the Chief Executive, Heads of Department and Board.
Finally you will play a pivotal role at the Club to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations in the finance department.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller role will be able to pick things up quickly and manage multiple tasks at any one time. They will also have the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant;
- Goal orientated;
Experience within a leisure and / or sport environment will be an advantageous but not essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14012348Z
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly