- Outstanding Opportunity
- Diverse, progressive group
About Our Client
Corserv is a diverse group of companies formed by Cornwall Council in 2015 to deliver high quality services and become the primary source of growth and opportunity throughout Cornwall. The Corserv model is proven, unique and ambitious, and is now set to deliver significant growth and returns.
Corserv have 2,600 employees and deliver a wide range of services including highways maintenance, civil engineering, environmental maintenance, social housing, social care, building management, economic development as well as running the increasingly important Cornwall Airport. Their companies are committed to growing the local economy and delivering high quality services and jobs for the benefit of the communities they serve. By operating and collaborating as a Group, they are able to share common services and expertise, delivering cost efficient, critical day to day services through to multi-£m projects to exacting standards.
The contribution to an economy of a particular industry or sector is measured using gross value added (GVA). Across the group, Corserv already generate a GVA of £91.7million to the South West and have ambitions to significantly grow this.
Their 4 year strategic plan is to grow the Group of Companies to optimise and focus on local market needs and opportunities through:
- Seeking revenue growth opportunities that take full advantage of new and existing partnerships
- Investing in Cornwall, improving infrastructure and delivering community benefits through their own finances
- Leveraging the benefits of new technology to deliver cost and service improvements
- Providing employment, learning opportunities and apprenticeships for young people
Equally, Corserv will continue to transform their approach to customer service through innovation, new technology and supporting staff to ensure the customer is at the heart of their delivery.
Corserv is seeking to appoint a Chair who will play a key role in helping them deliver their ambitions as the Group evolves from its inception phase to growth. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure good corporate governance practices and procedures, promoting the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance throughout the Group and particularly at Board level
- Ensures that the Board as a whole plays a full and constructive part in the development and determination of the Group's strategies and policies and that Board decisions taken are in the Group's best interests and fairly reflect Board's consensus
- Leading the Board in advising and challenging in the delivery of its long term strategy and development of the 4 year business plan whilst ensuring the Group meets their commitments and obligations
- Ensuring a collegiate Board through developing effective relationships and open communication and that the strategies and policies agreed by the Board are effectively implemented
- Provide effective briefings on issues arising at Board meetings which must be accurate, clear, complete and reliable to fulfil its duties
- Be a mentor for the Group Managing Director and provide strategic advice and guidance to the board to help develop their individual and collective capabilities
Be an ambassador for Corserv, help facilitate the growth of the organisation through utilising sector networks and contacts and through influencing and developing effective relationships with Cornwall Council cabinet members, councillor's and key external organisations, institutes and partnerships.
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will have operated as a Chair or Non-Executive of a high profile organisation ideally in a relevant sector. Excellent leadership and facilitation skills will be a prerequisite coupled with experience of managing relationships across multiple and complex stakeholders.
Motivated by Corserv's vision and values you will be forward thinking, insightful and capable of evolving the organisation and successfully influencing change where appropriate. This is a significant opportunity for an individual who is emotionally intelligent and who will bring governance, chairing and leadership experience at a senior level to shape the future ambitions of the Group.
The new Chair will be highly credible and inspirational, able to provide clear direction and both empower and motivate and develop a board and have the credibility and gravitas needed to act as an ambassador and key spokesperson both internally and externally.
What's on Offer
£44,000 (circa 4 days per month)
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14013213Z
Apply for Chair
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly