Director/Head of Software Engineer Java/Ruby/AWS
Director/Head of Software Engineer (Java/Ruby/AWS) - London
£110 to £130k basic + bonus + stock options + flexi working
My client, a global software development company is looking for high level Software Engineer to lead and manage a fast-paced and dynamic Scrum team.
They are the World-First Human-Assisted AI Engineering Team that builds & operates technology projects; from a new app to managing cloud spend.
The Journey for the business was developed on the premise that anyone, irrespective of technical knowledge, should be able to build and operate technology.
The company is human-assisted AI that empowers everyone to independently build and operate tech products through two products that work together to be their virtual engineering team. They are on a mission to turn ideas into developed products for everyone.
The client takes product development, API, Analytics and ML or AI platform engineering seriously; and they looking for the same is the ideal candidate, you need to be passionate about technology and leadership.
They embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That's where you come in. They are currently seeking an Engineering Lead to drive technical vision and provide leadership for teams of engineers and other creators in an innovative and fast paced environment. Their selection process will emphasize technical and architectural skills as well as leadership/management/SDLC process/organizational skills equally.
The ideal candidate must be a master of their domain. Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. They are looking for someone who's is equally comfortable leading by influence or authority.
Lastly, they are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.
Why They Need This Role
They are looking for a leader to help them build out a portal of tools, services and workflows that their Capacity Partners will leverage as they establish and manage their respective partnerships with the business and help them turn client's ideas into a fully functioning software. This includes everything from partner client contract execution to dashboards as well as creator assessment and onboarding tools and tools that allow partners to manage rates or availability of their respective creators. They want to do this to enable our partners to leapfrog their fiscal and operational efficiency as well as their stickiness with us.
- Extensive experience in back end open source based technologies, including at least 4 - 5 years in Ruby or RoR cloud based ecosystem
- 4 plus years solid experience as a technical lead, including at least 2 years in large scale platform environment
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Solid procedural and object oriented Software Engineering fundamentals
- 3 plus years of relevant experience managing fast-paced and dynamic Scrum team
- A proven track record of senior level software engineering and architecture accomplishments in a high-capacity, large-scale, internet-based product platform
- Capable of technical deep-dives, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical or product leadership
- Experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Expert understanding of RoR framework
- Solid understanding of AWS services
- Solid experience with containerized applications and serverless functions
- Strong understanding of and experience with testing practices
- Strong automation and CI / CD experience
- Pivotal Tracker or Jira, Docker, CI/CD, GitHub tools experience, some would say you are a master
- Experience in data-driven environments
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.