Principal Adviser. Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development - Brussels
The mission of the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) is to promote the sustainable development of Europe´s agriculture and to ensure the well-being of its rural areas, thereby contributing to the achievement of the goals of the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP).
- Contribute to an ongoing assessment of the CAP to take account of the latest European and global developments which accentuate the importance of agriculture and the CAP for the future;
- Advise on the promotion of the European agricultural sector in world trade and international policies in order to improve food security and the sustainability of agricultural policies.
- Proven experience and well-established capacity in providing expert advice and issue opinions at strategic level;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the Common Agricultural and Rural Development Policy;
- Demonstrated capacity to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
The European Commission applies an active equal opportunities policy aimed at further increasing the share of women in management functions and it particularly encourages applications from women.
Please consult the Official Journal C 166 A of 15 May 2019 for the detailed vacancy notice as well as the eligibility and selection criteria.
Registration for applicants:
The closing date for registration is 14 June 2019, 12.00 noon Brussels time.