7 days left
- VPI Immingham is one of the cleanest and most efficient power plants in Europe
- A commercially and Operationally focussed Management Accountant position
About Our Client
VPI Immingham is a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant near Immingham, based on the South Bank of the river Humber. It is one of the largest CHP plants in Europe, capable of generating about 2.5% of UK peak electricity demand and up to 930 tonnes of steam per hour.
VPI Immingham is one of the cleanest and most efficient power plants in Europe. At full capacity, it saves 2.5 million tonnes of CO2 per year, the equivalent emissions of one million cars, compared with a conventional coal plant. The plant is fuelled by natural gas and surplus refinery gas, with liquid fuel as a backup.
Based at the VPI site in Immingham, the Management Accountant will report directly into the newly appointed Group Accountant and take responsibility for driving and developing the Commercial and Cost accounting function.
Responsible for providing the key foundations of cost control, forecasting and reporting. Acting as the main communication point for managers and colleagues in relation to all cost and capex activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of the monthly controllable costs report. Lead the cost and capex review meetings across the station.
- Responsible for the coordination of all the cost and capex re-forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for the coordination of all plant based external benchmarking primarily Solomon Associates.
- Responsible for all cost related journals, coordinates the capex approvals, stock accounting and reconciliation.
- Provision of support and cover to the rest of the finance function
- Key interface: Managers/Engineers/Plant/Stores.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified finance professional with a previous post qualified experience from within a similar position.
Key attributes will include:
- Flexible and driven approach to work.
- Confident with good interpersonal, communication skills and listening skills.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative and multi-task.
- Experience of working in a cost focused role within a similar environment.
- Strong IT, systems and data modelling skills.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package including enhanced bonuses and pension schemes.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14015588Z
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly