4 days left
The Finance Director will enjoy a broad remit, split across core finance, business strategy, operations.
Working as the key business partner to the Managing Director, the Finance Director will be hugely involved with improving the operational and financial performance of this business.
Whilst successful, the organisation has suffered from some ‘growing pains’ and lacks the right systems, processes and operational infrastructure that would help deliver the optimal business performance.
Although trading has been reasonably good and the division remains very profitable, there is a material opportunity to create a far better business, ahead of a further period of growth.
The priority for the FD will be to help the MD to deliver an improved operating platform, a more robust business model and an improved commercial performance, along with the key specific responsibilities:
- Oversee the finance function, leading a team that produces high quality business partnering
- Improve the finance function, overseeing a programme of continual improvement and adherence to best practice
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls and risk management systems to ensure the successful delivery of the company’s overall financial strategy and performance
- Ensure the finance team produces the highest possible quality of financial information, both technical and commercial, in support of compliance and commercial decision making
- Oversee all financial planning and analysis activity, budgeting, forecasting, cost control and proactive KPI management
- Oversee the ongoing finance transformation agenda, helping to ensure all systems and processes are fit for the future
- Qualified accountant, likely to be a Big 4 trained finance professional with a first class academic background
- Experience in a senior finance leadership role within a PLC environment, ideally with a breadth of knowledge that spans both core finance, commercial business support and operations
- Likely to have some experience gained within a multi-site, consumer business
- Experience of successfully implementing an effective growth strategy, leading change and transformation across a high growth, geographically diverse, multi-site organisation
- High levels of gravitas and credibility, applicable internally and externally
- Exceptional levels of empathy and emotional intelligence as this role involves a significant amount of influencing and working with third parties
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly