Commercial Operations Director
Partner Financial are currently retained by a manufacturing consumer business who is currently a prominent leader in its field and generates revenues of over £1 billion. A truly international organisation, they have manufacturing, production, sales and an operations footprint worldwide and sell their products in over 100 countries. To ensure they continue on this impressive growth curve and to achieve their objectives in customer satisfaction and value creation, they are embarking on a period of rapid development and require a Commercial Operations Director.
This client has grown tremendously both organically and through acquisitions over the last five years and the business is now commencing a transformation programme to make sure that policies and processes are harmonised across the different geographies. The company is ideally positioned to continue to expand and offers a consumer centric culture.
This is a newly created position to provide commercial leadership and management within the key areas of strategic pricing, commercial analytics, developing and implementing new systems and processes across the group. A key contributor to the development and delivery of the Group plans, this is a highly visible role that requires gravitas, a can-do attitude and a flexible approach.
- Lead business policy development from ideation to implementation, develop and roll out tools, methodologies, processes, policies to improve overall business effectiveness;
- Liaise with global counterparts to ensure policies and processes are adopted throughout the organisation to meet or exceed customer experience expectations;
- Drive change and transformation through the organisation, overseeing the implementation of a new ERP system internationally and embedding of best practice in relation to the implementation;
- Develop a long-term vision and strategy for EMEA sales and commercial operations;
- Responsible for ensuring pricing structures agreed upon are monitored and deployed to achieve gross margin and Operating income objectives;
- Ingrain robust customer contract management process and database;
- Take ownership of the EMEA Analytical function to provide support to sales and marketing functions and deliver actionable insights to Country Managers and field sales team;
- Accountability and ownership of developing the KPI framework;
- Responsible for customer experience and customer service excellency, making sure potential issues are escalated to the Senior Leadership Team and addressed with clear recommendations to be implemented across EMEA;
- Drive sales resource allocation assessment, review and delivery including territory alignment initiatives and channel management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a finance qualification or MBA;
- Experience in commercial, finance or operations position with a proven track record in managing and leading complex organisational change initiatives;
- The ability to design and implement complex commercial projects interacting with stakeholders at all levels and in multiple geographies;
- Extensive experience working internationally;
- Experience of leading a cross functional team and of operating successfully at all levels within the organisation;
- The ability to use data to create recommendations for the management team;
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrable experience of executing against clearly defined timelines;
- A naturally commercial individual who has the gravitas to impact business strategy without losing sight of the customer.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lilian Lazcano, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.