Head of International Business Development
- Opportunity to play a strategic role in a dynamic & forward-looking NHS Trust
- Lead the delivery of the International Business Development Strategy for GSTT
About Our Client
Guy's and St Thomas' is one of the largest hospital trusts in the country, with around 15,300 staff, an annual turnover of almost £1.5 billion and 2.4 million patient contacts a year. Our hospitals have a long and proud history, dating back almost 900 years and have been at the forefront of medical progress and innovation since they were founded. We continue to build on these traditions and have a reputation for clinical, teaching and research excellence.
The Commercial team at GSTT is one of the leading commercial teams in the NHS. It is responsible for developing and managing a wide range of commercial activities designed to generate surpluses to support Trust clinical services. The scope of commercial activity includes UK and International business development, including joint ventures and collaborations with private sector and other organisations, intellectual property management and commercial research, commercial education, as well as a private patients service. Across this portfolio is a consulting business - GSTT Consulting. The first commercial strategy 2014-9 is complete and a new and ambitious strategy is in the process of being developed.
The Head of International Business Development is responsible for supporting the development of the international commercial strategy for Guy's and St Thomas' and overseeing its implementation.
The Head of International Business Development will work closely with clinical teams and the broader commercial team to develop the international portfolio for GSTT. They will ensure a strong analysis of the international market and proactively develop a wider and deeper network while promoting the GSTT portfolio.
The success individual will prospect for potential clients and partners, identify needs within those prospects and qualify those leads to the wider team at GSTT. They will assess the international market, undertake competitor analysis and make recommendations of target geographies, service line offerings and partnership opportunities. They will manage the development of all marketing collateral relating to the international portfolio, as well as developing new business development plans.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of identified opportunities from prospecting until conversion to a formal engagement including providing expertise for the negotiation and delivery of contracts. This will include constructing robust proposals to secure new business and long term partners.
As well as identifying and winning international commercial opportunities this individual will play a key part in facilitating the transition from engagement to delivery.
They will be committed to customer service excellence and will help develop and manage the growth of the GSTT International Portfolio by building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients, strategic partners and fellow GSTT employees.
Working closely with the Commercial Head of Finance they will take full responsibility for delivery of the financial targets associated with the implementation of the international strategy and manage all associated budgets
The Successful Applicant
- 1st Degree and postgraduate qualification or substantial and significant evidence of specialist knowledge and ongoing education relevant to international working
- Significant experience in a business development role which included an international component
- Experience of overseas healthcare systems and ideally knowledge and understanding of the UK NHS
- Knowledge of clinical operating models in the UK
- Experience of working within and leading a team within a matrix structure
- Strong evidence of understanding, proposing and negotiating diverse business structures suitable for a broad spectrum of business opportunities
- Ability to plan and organise a broad range of complex activities and programmes working across international boundaries
- A strong and successful track record of highly complex contractual negotiations
- Experience of living or working in an overseas country, ideally the Middle East
- Expert knowledge of international contracting approaches
- Strong financial acumen
What's on Offer
8d Salary + London weighting with exceptional NHS benefits, plus the additional staff benefits of working for Guys and St Thomas' which includes a gym, sports club, subsidised nursery.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14010347Z
Apply for Head of International Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly