Head of Customer Experience
5 days left
As one of the UK’s largest train operating companies, Northern plays a vital role in the north of England connecting tens of thousands of people, for work, leisure and education. Our aim is to connect people to opportunities by providing a reliable, safe and customer focussed train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve and you can be a part of it.
By 2020 we aim to set the standard for rail travel in the North and beyond. With a £1 billion investment in transforming our business and rail travel, these are exciting times and a great time to join us.
The Head of Customer Experience, as part of the Commercial and Customer Directorate, will create and lead the implementation of an innovative and effective customer experience plan delivering a consistent and trusted brand experience at every single touchpoint on the customer journey.
Using customer insight, both through research and all available data channels you will generate an extensive understanding of the customer view and ensure that the ‘Voice of the Customer’ drives our future strategy - putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, and driving continuous improvement.
You will play a significant role at Arriva UK Trains (AUKT) Group level, helping to shape and deliver the AUKT strategy of being the mobility partner of choice.
As well as working across the business and group, chairing or contributing to cross functional teams as required, you will directly lead a Customer Experience team comprising:
- The Customer Experience Centre, providing a 24/7 contact point for customers, handling and resolving all customer complaints and enquiries.
- The Insight and Contracts team – turning data into insight, and managing key outsourced services, as well as providing management information and benchmarking ourselves against rail and non-rai competitors.
- Accessibility & Integration – ensuring that our network is as accessible as possible to everyone and is as integrated as possible with all forms of transport
- Policy and Standards – managing the service quality regime and driving quality and continuous improvement of processes.
This role requires effective relationships with external partners, regulators and stakeholders including Department for Transport (DfT), Transport for the North, Rail North Partnership, Transport Focus, Office of Road and Rail Regulators (ORR), Rail Delivery Group (RDG), The Rail Ombudsman, other Train Operators and stakeholder groups.
- Experience of working in a complex operational environment, ideally with exposure to regulators
- Particularly to explain the vision for customer service in a clear, compelling way
- Evidence of successful negotiating skills at a senior level to achieve effective working partnerships and deliver positive change
- Strong commercial acumen, budget management and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Rail operational knowledge is an advantage but not essential.