BIE are currently looking for a Qualified Financial Controller to join a High Growth PE Backed Business based in Basingstoke.
Reporting in to the CFO this is a role that will eventaully step up to CFO and be given Equity in the Business.
- Multi-site - possible retail experience
- Used to rigours of PE/Investor management reporting, both financial & non-financial data
- System literate -implementation of a New Finance system advantageous
- Managerial skills - personable - ability to communicate with non-finance professionals
- Acquisition or integration experience
- Delivering the annual business objectives and financial strategy, with a 'hands on' approach.
- Development of financial and operational controls and business processes
- Production of management accounts, statutory accounts, tax compliance, budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning.
- Financial planning, budgetary control, forecast modelling, cash flow management and monitoring of key performance targets
- Supporting the M&A process including modelling, due diligence assignments and integration.
- Implementation of stronger management information, management reporting and improve reporting systems.
- Manage the production of the company's P&L and balance sheet monthly
- Review the company's P&L and balance sheet to ensure accuracy and correctness
- Be the main interface for reporting through to Group
- Lead the annual budget process
- Manage the company's multi-sites appropriately
- Complete the company's Statutory Accounts annually
- Collate and understand the company's KPIs
- Liaise with key managers to review costs and performance
Statutory returns and compliance
- Liaising with external auditors, tax and legal resources, preparation of year-end financial audit pack for statutory audit.
Professional Finance qualification, CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Developed skills in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced level of numeracy required
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task workload
- Flexibility - ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload
- Ability to retain focus and maintain a calm demeanour under pressure
- Highly developed communication skills
- A team player, both confident and decisive
- Accurate with good attention to detail