Senior Corporate Finance Manager - Real Estate / Debt Advisory
This Real Estate Investment Manager is a leading name in the industry with substantial buying power offering their global investor based a number of innovative real estate asset classes.
The business is positioned for future growth. With over £1bn of buying power and a portfolio of assets in progress, they are a market leader for one of the hottest asset classes where they maintain a significant advantage over the competition.
The business is looking for a Senior Corporate Finance Manager who is most forward-thinking and wishes to provide 'value add' to the business. No doubt this person will carve a name out for themselves in this space for years to come.
The main focus of the role is to:
- Lead fund treasury work across the property equity platform, negotiating debt facilities/refinancing terms and appraising/implementing hedging strategies
- Advise fund managers on corporate real estate equity acquisitions and disposals, ensuring that financial and tax due diligence is robust
- Act as an interface between the front office and investment Operations teams to ensure transaction information is accurately appraised and communicated
- Support the senior executive team on M&A activities as and when required
- Manage an Assistant Corporate Finance Manager, ensuring development and growth in the role
The job holder is integral to the asset management decision-making process and relied upon to provide commercial, tax and risk management advice.
The job holder will also be expected to help implement legal and tax structures for JV's/partnerships to achieve new business opportunities.
Real Estate Equity Funds - Leading Fund Treasury and Corporate Finance:
- Lead the work to originate and negotiate loan financings, including development facilities, for assets and funds
- Lead on competitive tendering exercises to implement financing strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with lenders to support property fund borrowing requirements
- Lead LIBOR hedging considerations across the property equity funds and provide leadership to the Assistant Corporate Finance Manager
Lead Corporate Finance due diligence
To lead corporate finance work across the platform, examples include:
- Potential transactions to acquire fund management businesses, leading on matters of valuation, financial due diligence and input to commercial negotiations
- For any new fund launches or JV partnerships led by the Solutions team, working alongside the Assistant Corporate Finance Manager to assist on financial modelling prospective returns, fund structuring (alongside the tax and legal teams) and advising on commercial transaction considerations
Debt management/compliance monitoring:
- Assisting Fund Managers with portfolio modelling, forecasting ICR and LTV sensitivities
- Compliance reporting to third party lenders
- Fund Operating Guideline (FOGs) reviews)
Management and General:
- Key point of contact with the relevant third party relationship for the fund (eg external fund accountants, managing agents, trustees and Depositaries) and responsible for maintaining effective oversight of third-party relationships
- Attendance/presentation of financial reports at General Partner (GP) board and investor meetings/presentations
- Ensure adequate finance procedures are in place and implement improved procedures where necessary
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards, including EMIR and the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive
It is essential the candidate can hit the ground running and it is expected that they are working for a real estate fund in a debt raising role. You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) and recognized subject matter expert with proven experience of raising/organising debt facilities and managing financial and tax due diligence on real estate acquisitions.
You will need to have demonstrably strong advisory and persuasive skills to influence senior management and fund managers on investment and transaction structuring to help drive investment returns.
Specialist knowledge / skills / experience:
- Debt raising from third-party financing banks/debt management/interest rate hedging
- Corporate finance experience of advising on financial and tax due diligence
- Financial analysis of corporate entities
For immediate consideration please apply now or for further information please contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin.