Corporate Finance Controller
1 day left
My client is a multi-billion dollar, NYSE listed, business headquartered in London.
The Head of Corporate Finance / Corporate Finance Controller role is necessitated after an internal move to a divisional role by the incumbent.
This is a high profile role for my client with significant business partnering needed across their head office Corporate Cost centres (legal entities number over 300)
Prior experience in the natural resources sector is not required.
The Corporate Financial Controller will work with the Group Financial Controller to provide finance business partnering of the Corporate Profit Centre owners to improve the management of corporate cost and the accuracy of budgets and forecasts.
In addition, the role will become the owner of all Corporate legal entities and ensure that the financial results of these entities are accurate and complete. This role is core to setting, maintaining and enforcing the intercompany trading and settling processes through ensuring that legal entities across the Group are properly established, transactional flows between Group entities are valid, allowable under Group funding rules and that these rules are properly communicated and complied with.
Become the financial business partner to the Corporate cost centres driving better cost management of corporate overheads and the accuracy of corporate budgets and forecasts.
- Take on the legal entity ownership of all Corporate entities and ensure the financial records are accurate
- Work with the various Group functions to define the intercompany trading framework, policies and procedures and the allowable financial interactions between legal entities within and between the group companies
- Work with Group Tax and Group Legal to approve the creation of all new legal entities and establish that the proposed trading relationships comply with the intercompany policies and procedures, taxation regulatory rules and internal funding covenants
- Be responsible to build and then maintain the official database of legal entities and to reconcile with Oracle and HFM
- Responsibility to maintain and publish the allowed legal entity intercompany trading flows as legal structures develop
- To ensure intercompany trading adheres to the trading policies established and investigate balances that lie outside this agreed framework
- Drive compliance with the intercompany framework, policies and procedures
- Produce quarterly intercompany report for Group Financial Controller
The successful candidate will be:
- An experienced qualified Group Reporting Manager or Financial Controller (qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other overseas equivalent) with strong prior technical / corporate reporting and financial control experience from industry, ideally from a complex corporate environment.
- Legal entity control / oversight - an advantage but not a necessity
- Demonstrable exposure to a "best practice" approach to legal entity management and controls
Please contact Richard Boyd on 07867 393775 if you would be interested in having an informal discussion.
Apply for Corporate Finance Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly